PUBLISH WITH US
Penram International Publishing (India) Pvt.Ltd. is dedicated to disseminating Academic and professional information in Engineering and Science. Over the years, Penram has made a name for its professionalism and excellence in publishing. We have already published a number of quality textbooks. We welcome book publishing proposals on any of the topics in the above-mentioned subjects. We are happy to receive proposals with sample chapters or, preferably, full manuscripts. Because we receive a large number of submissions, please follow the guidelines below to prevent any delay in receiving our response. As publishing involves a matching process between manuscript and publisher, please consider carefully whether or not your project fits our particular strengths. Most proposals are turned down because they do not fit the profile of our publishing program.
What to include in a proposal: Proposals should be preferably single-spaced Word documents. A proposal should be a clear and detailed idea of what your book will be about. Please include a cover letter, your curriculum vitae or resumé, and a proposal as outlined below.
The title, Subtitle of the proposed book.
- Author or Editor Name(s): In the order you expect them to appear in the book.
- Biographical information: For main author(s) or editor(s).
- Brief description: In a few paragraphs (no more than 300 words), describe the work. Include what you consider to be the outstanding, distinctive, or unique features of the work. Consider the following questions: What problems do you set out to solve? What confusing issues do you clarify? What previously unknown or neglected story do you tell? Why does it matter? To whom?
- Competition: Describe existing books in this field and spell out how your book will be similar to, as well as different from, these works. Discuss specifically their strengths and weaknesses and how your coverage may vary from theirs. Please discuss each competing book in a separate paragraph and provide the publisher and date of publication. This information will provide us with a frame of reference for evaluating your material.
- Length: What do you estimate to be the length of the book? Note that double-spaced pages normally reduce by about one-third when typeset, e.g., 300 typewritten pages will make about 200 printed pages. If the book is complete, divide the number of words by 350 to get a page count. Will the book include photographs, line drawings, graphs, glossaries, a bibliography, an appendix, and so on? Please give an estimate of the number and kind of images, graphs, charts, and other items.
- Status of the work: What portion of the material is now complete? When do you expect to have a complete manuscript to submit for review? Please give us a date.
- Readership: For what type of reader is your book intended, that is, what is the primary audience for the book? Are there secondary audiences for the book? If a textbook, for what educational level is it intended? The more specific you can be, the better.
- Reviewers: Please provide the names and contact details for three or four people you feel would be competent to review your material and whose opinion you would find valuable. We will try to use some of these along with our own selection. We do not reveal your name to the reviewers or the names of reviewers to you without their permission.
- Sample chapters: Select one or two chapters of the manuscript that are an integral part of the book, if you have them ready. They should be those you consider the best-written ones and do not have to be in sequence. The material need not be in final form, although it should be carefully prepared and represent your best work. In your preparation, emphasis should be on readability. You can also send the full manuscript if you have it.
PLEASE FILL-IN the format below in conformity with the guidelines provided above. The format has been designed to enable us to evaluate your proposal in an appropriate manner. You may, therefore, provide the information requested to the maximum. We understand that the information you provide here may undergo some changes as you develop the manuscript.
Response time: We will contact you as soon as we have had a chance to thoroughly examine your manuscript proposal. Thank you for your interest in Penram International Publishing. We look forward to finding your materials.